As a service deli assistant, your work would normally include.
- Preparing, slicing, wrapping, weighing, pricing, and merchandising the department’s deli products.
- Preparation of deli products which include deli meats, cheeses, salads, sandwiches, dips, gourmet and hot case items.
- Inform customers about our deli products and services
- Help increase sales by handing out food samples and by recommending additional items to customers.
- They work with equipment like fryers and slicers
- Use store intercoms to announce special promotions and weekly specials.
- And a whole lot more.
You would need to work quickly so that customers in the shop are not interrupted whilst shopping.
You may need to spend time on the till, checking stock levels in the storeroom or cleaning certain areas of the store also.
Your exact duties would depend on which day you work, for example there may be some heavy lifting involved on some days.
Working hours and conditions
This role is a casual role which means your hours should be flexible. This does include late evenings and holiday periods. Our hours can be from 6:30am until 9:30pm depending on shift work. Shift work is often set and there are lots of opportunities to work in multiple departments.
Some specific assistant shifts are labelled “on-call” shifts; where you will need your own transport to be considered for this type of shift.
You would be expected to dress to match our uniform policy. You are expected to look smart, clean and ready for work.
Training and development
Before starting your first shift; you will be required to complete an online course which is made up of 6 – 8 modules. On completion you will then be trained on the job, working alongside experienced staff and supervisors.
Skills, interests and qualities
To be a service deli assistant, you should be:
- polite and friendly
- honest and trustworthy
- good with customers and aware of their needs
- comfortable using computerised tills, barcode scanners and electronic payment systems
- confident handling money and giving change
- able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- comfortable handling customer complaints or referring to a manager
- able to work well in a team.
If you believe that all of this is something that interests you; feel free to apply and if successful a manager will contact you directly.
Good luck in your application and we hope to see you join the Violi & Co. family soon.
|Job Category||Service Deli|